Monday, April 12, 2010

"Monster Mash" at Spoonflower

Monster Mash
The next competition at Spoonflower is for a design using a tessellation (or tiling) technique. I found it to be a hard nut to crack, especially trying to get the repeated pattern to line up. I had to fudge the adjoining lines because I just couldn't get the repeat to line up perfectly. This despite the fact that my design is a true tessellation.

I'm chalking it up to my relative inexperience in Photoshop. I love the look of tessellations, but until I can master lining up the repeated pattern, this will likely be my last design for awhile. I've managed to do quite a number on the snacks in our cupboards due to some very real frustration over the process...

My daughter deserves to finish off her Very Vanilla Earth's Best Letter of the Day Cookies. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, save yourself. Never try one. And if you do, don't say that I didn't warn you...(they're ridiculously delicious!).

No comments:

Post a Comment