Friday, March 26, 2010

"Garden Party" at Spoonflower

Garden Party
I was recently reminded about Spoonflower, a site that allows you to design and print your own fabrics at very reasonable prices. I've been meaning to give it a try and was assaulted by inspiration around 11pm last night. Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of beauty sleep...

As I familiarized myself with the Spoonflower site, I found that they host several design competitions, with a "Garden" themed competition just around the corner. So, I went to town drawing, scanning, and Photoshopping to arrive at "Garden Party" which I uploaded around 2am this morning. (Just click on the swatch above to be directed to "Garden Party" on Spoonflower.)

I still need to order a sample before selling the design on Spoonflower, but I'm definitely inspired by the possibilities. I'd love to see this pattern turned into a kids gardening apron, or even a gardening tool belt.

What else might you suggest?

2 comments:

  1. i'd like it more if i could see the blue background in all the negative spaces, ie, the handles. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I've been wrestling with the idea, so it's especially nice to get another artist's opinion. I'm going to look at it again. :)

    ReplyDelete